Inspirational ideas for paved areas and patios

Inspirational ideas for paved areas and patios

The only limit is your imagination when it comes to patios and paved areas. You can introduce patterns, planting and coloured aggregates (pebbles or stones) to give your garden a wow factor. Rather than just have traditional square or rectangular shapes why not introduce curves and circular areas? What about leaving spaces between slabs so you can add plants such as herbs and grasses that need little maintenance. For a finishing touch you can add coloured aggregates around each planting area.
Adding different height spaces to your design will create interest. These can be used as separate entertainment areas and can be joined by steps.
Adding different height spaces to your design will create interest. These can be used as separate entertainment areas and can be joined by steps.

Choosing the right paving for your garden

When choosing paving, it’s important to understand the correlation between the cost of paving and the final cost of your project. Typically, the cost of the paving will be approx. 20% of the total project, the remaining 80% will be the cost of installation – labour, cement and sub base materials. So buying a more expensive quality paving will not significantly increase costs. For example spending 50% more on your paving may only add around 10% to the total cost.

We have 24 different pavings for you to choose from so you’re bound to find one that’s right for your garden

Sandstone Paving

Sandstone is a sedimentary rock formed millions of years ago. No two stones are coloured the same but when combined they create a rich tapestry of colour. Seasonal changes also create different colour hues which bring your paved area to life. In strong sunlight the paving will appear to have less colour variation, whilst after rain the colours will have a deeper patina.

Sandstone Paving

Sandstone is a sedimentary rock formed millions of years ago. No two stones are coloured the same but when combined they create a rich tapestry of colour. Seasonal changes also create different colour hues which bring your paved area to life. In strong sunlight the paving will appear to have less colour variation, whilst after rain the colours will have a deeper patina.

Porcelain Paving

Porcelain Paving is the latest in paving solutions that combines Italian styling with durable technology. The tiles will not usually be affected by weather changes and are unlikely to deteriorate in freezing conditions. They are ideal for patios because they are resistant to acid and alkali chemicals such as fertilisers and lawn treatments. Moss and algae cannot get established like it can in a porous stone face. Porcelain tiles will also not suffer from colour fading.

Porcelain Paving

Porcelain Paving is the latest in paving solutions that combines Italian styling with durable technology. The tiles will not usually be affected by weather changes and are unlikely to deteriorate in freezing conditions. They are ideal for patios because they are resistant to acid and alkali chemicals such as fertilisers and lawn treatments. Moss and algae cannot get established like it can in a porous stone face. Porcelain tiles will also not suffer from colour fading.

Stamco Branches

Hastings

Highfield Drive,
St Leonards on Sea,
East Sussex
TN38 9TG

Tel: 01424 856800

Mon – Fri:  7am – 5pm
Saturday: 7.30am – 1pm

Mon – Fri: 7am – 5pm
Saturday:7.30am – 1pm

Eastbourne

8 Courtlands Road,
Eastbourne,
East Sussex
BN22 8TR

Tel: 01323 423800

Mon – Fri:  7.30am – 5pm
Saturday: 8am – 12pm

Mon – Fri: 7.30am – 5pm
Saturday:8am – 12pm

Hove

St Joseph’s Close,
Hove,
East Sussex
BN3 7ES

Tel: 01273 400707

Mon – Fri:  7.30am – 5pm
Saturday: 8am – 12pm

Mon – Fri: 7.30am – 5pm
Saturday:8am – 12pm

Worthing

Southdownview Way,
Worthing,
West Sussex
BN14 8NL

Tel: 01903 258144

Mon – Fri:  7.30am – 5pm
Saturday: 8am – 12pm

Mon – Fri: 7.30am – 5pm
Saturday:8am – 12pm

Rye

Weslake Industrial Park,
Rye Harbour Road,
Rye,
East Sussex TN31 7TE

Tel: 01797 222700

Mon – Fri:  7.30am – 5pm
Saturday: 7.30am – 1pm

Mon – Fri: 7.30am – 5pm
Saturday:7.30am – 1pm

All material on this website is copyright© Stamco Building Supplies, all rights reserved.
Designed and produced by a|s|t marketing design and consulting.

Top