1.1 Contract means a contract between you and us for the sale of Goods 2.1 The sale of all Goods to you in accordance with any order by you (whether written or oral) which we accept shall be subject in all cases to these Conditions and shall govern the Contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions
2.2 No variation of these Conditions shall be binding upon us unless agreed in Writing by our authorised representative 2.2.1 If you require any advice or information regarding Goods including their suitability for their proposed use, their method of installation or their performance characteristics you should either refer to the manufacturer of the Goods or to your engineer, surveyor or other professional property advisor. We merely agree to sell you the Goods. We do not agree to provide advice regarding them.
2.2.2 Our employees and agents are not authorised to make any representations or give advice regarding the Goods, or their use, storage, application or method of installation unless our authorised representative confirms them in Writing. In entering into a Contract you acknowledge that you do not rely upon any such representations which are not so confirmed.
2.2.3 Any advice or recommendation as referred to in Condition 2.3.2 which is not so confirmed in Writing is followed or acted upon by you entirely at your own risk and accordingly we shall not be liable for any such advice or recommendations not so confirmed.
2.2.4 Any typographical, clerical or other error or omission in any literature quotation, price list, invoice or other document shall be subject to correction without liability on our part.
2.3 Our terms and conditions may be modified by us from time to time. We will give you 28 days notice in Writing of any such change. All orders placed by you after the expiry of such 28 days' notice shall be subject to those amended terms and conditions which by placing any further order with us you will be deemed to have accepted.
3.1 No order submitted by you shall be deemed to be accepted by us unless and either it is confirmed in Writing by our authorised representative or we accept the order by our conduct
3.2 You are solely responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the terms of any order for Goods submitted by you.
1.2 Goods means all goods which we are to supply to you accordance with these conditions
1.3 We/Our/Us means Sussex Turnery and Moulding Company Limited
1.4 Writing includes facsimile transmissions and electronic mail
1.5 You means the Company partnership or persons referred to as "Name" overleaf Basis of Sale
Order and Specification
- Payment Our credit terms are strictly nett monthly account; i.e. payment to be received on or before the last day of the month following the month of delivery. If any part of the total outstanding becomes overdue, we reserve the right to request payment of the whole sum outstanding. COD deliveries must be paid before arrival. We reserve the right to add a surcharge for all payments made by credit card.
- Interest We reserve the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at the rate of 4% above the Royal Bank of Scotland Bank Rate current at the time the debt falls due.
- Prices are strictly nett excluding VAT and are subject to alteration without prior notice.
- Quotations on all quotations you will be given a quotation number and contact name. Please state these when confirming a quotation as an order. Although we endeavour to hold quoted prices, we cannot guarantee a fixed period of time. Delivery or performance times quoted are intended only as a guide and we do not accept liability for delays however caused.
- Credit Limits We will set you a credit limit when we open your account. Should your account go over the agreed credit limit at any time, we will request an immediate payment to give you a trading balance. At the same time we may review the account to establish whether we can grant a higher limit. If no payment is received, the account may be placed on hold with no further trading possible until the balance is reduced.
- Contact Names Please give us a contact name and reference number when you order. Our staff will always give their name. Please keep a note of it for future reference.
- Claims You should check the quantity and condition of all products on arrival. Claims for shortages or damage in transit must be made at the time of delivery. Claims not applying to shortages or damage in transit will be given consideration providing they are made within three working days of delivery.
- Collections Once agreed, collection will be effected within ten working days.
- Cancellations Orders cancelled after loading or dispatch will be liable to a re-handling charge of 30% of the order value (minimum BC)). This also applies to goods incorrectly ordered, not required or returned without prior consultation. For any specials, we will require the full sale price.
- Credits Bona fide claims will be dealt with within 24 hours of notification by way of credit note, unless goods require inspection, in which case our representative will call within five working days.
- Direct Drops For an agreed charge per drop, we deliver direct to your customer's site (this will be made clear when your order is taken). Suitable access for our vehicles must be available. Please give us clear delivery instructions, i.e. full address, a site telephone number and contact name. Goods will only be offloaded if there is someone on site to accept delivery.
- Deliveries (i) We reserve the right to make delivery by instalments and render a separate invoice for each.
(ii) If we exercise our right to make such a delivery, any delay in delivering or failure to deliver further instalments shall not entitle you to reject the contract or delivery of any other instalments, or to withhold payment in respect of any instalment previously delivered.
- Order Quantities Non-account holders are subject to a charge of 20.00 ex VAT for orders below El 00 ex VAT and 27.50 ex VAT for orders over E 100 ex VAT. Special journeys are subject to transportation charges. In all such cases, you will be advised when your order is taken.
- Lengths Please give us as much option on length as you can. Minimum and maximum lengths are essential. If a specific length can only be produced by cutting to waste, the full length will be charged.
- Non-Stock Mouldings We provide a facility to machine prepared timber (PAR) and mouldings to your specification. Non-stock items, specially produced, carry a production set-up charge. Our sales staff will advise you of this in advance. On long runs we can discount the price. A lead time of 7 days is standard, this also applies to treated timber. Please ask if you need a particularly fast response and we will try to help, although this may carry an additional charge. We require a sample or accurate drawing with exact specifications. We strongly advise against faxed drawings. Mouldings machined from faxed drawings will be produced at the customer's own risk.
- Availability We maintain large stocks but all items are offered subject to being available at time of loading.
- Liability Goods are not tested as fit for any particular purpose. We shall not be liable for any warp, shrinkage, splitting, waste or any other movement caused by temperature, humidity or any other condition. In no circumstances whatsoever shall our company's liability to our customer arising under, out of or in connection with the goods supplied, exceed the invoice price of the particular goods in regard to which a complaint is found to be valid.
- Title to Goods The ownership of all goods remains with Stamco Timber until full payment has been made. We reserve the right to repossess goods not paid for. The risk in the goods passes to you on delivery.
- Invoicing Invoices are sent with the goods on delivery. For customers with more than one branch, invoices and statements can be forwarded to a Head Office. Please advise us in writing if you have any special requests about the way in which you are invoiced.
- Account Viability It is within our discretion to close an account if we deem it non-cost effective to service.
- Notification of change of address/trading style If at any time you change your trading style or move premises please inform us. Failure to do so may place the account on hold with no further trade until the necessary paper work has been completed.
- You confirm that in consideration of ongoing credit facilities granted to you by us our Terms & Conditions of Sale will be strictly adhered to. If you are a limited liability company or LLP any director/directors or members of you who sign this document on your behalf also personally, jointly and severally guarantee to us performance of your financial obligations to